Position: Post Producer
Location: New York / Los Angeles (Due to Covid-19 this position will temporarily be remote)
Starts: May 2022
Status: Full Time - FREELANCERS NEED NOT APPLY
Rate: Depending on Experience
Our NY and LA studios are currently looking to hire a Post Producer to manage our color and edit services. Velem was launched 7 years ago under the Milk Studios umbrella. In 2016, Velem’s video department opened in LA.
This Post Producer will be:
Ambitious and carry an entrepreneurial spirit to help develop and grow the department. Has experience working with fashion, music video and commercial directors along with production companies and edit houses.
Responsibilities include building relationships with new and existing clients, as well as taking in and processing jobs in a timely and accurate manner. This position entails: point of contact for clients project parameters, budgeting, scheduling, approvals, and new project management. Maintain a can-do, results oriented mentality and take ownership of accountability for self and staff. A thorough understanding of high-end color grading and the technical principal behind receiving and delivering files and formats, As well as the aesthetic and the ability to clearly communicate both in terms of artistic sensibilities and technical means is essential.
- Demonstrated superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are needed
- Interface with client contacts to cover progress on projects
- Produce projects within approved budget and deadlines
- Maintain and update schedule with information garnered from client communication
- Communicate changes in projects to client and creative teams
- Create and update client project tracking documents
- Interest in photography and film
- Willing to participate in client relations based events
- Researching and developing a list of clients, directors and talent.
- Participate in process of hiring freelancers and expanding the roster for VFX, editing, conform/online, sound mixing, sound design artists.
- Technical ability including knowledge of Mac systems, DaVinci Resolve, and the Adobe Suite.
Salary is commensurate based on experience.
Competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave and 401(k).